Kung Pao Chicken
¼ cup Chinese rice wine
1 Tablespoon light soy sauce
400g chicken meat, diced
1 cup celery pieces
1 cup shredded cabbage
1 cup sliced carrots
½ cup sliced water chestnuts
1 cup diced red capsicum
1 cup diced green capsicum
¼ cup mayonnaise, divided into halves
¼ cup smooth peanut butter
1 tablespoon tomato paste
1 Tablespoon vinegar
2 teaspoons chilli flakes or hot chilli paste
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 Tablespoon minced ginger
Dash of sesame oil
1 cup unsalted peanuts
1. Marinade the chicken in the Chinese rice wine and soy sauce for one hour.
2. Cook the vegetables until crisp-tender. Keep warm.
3. Create the sauce by combining half the mayonnaise with the peanut butter, tomato paste, vinegar, garlic, ginger and chilli until well blended.
4. Cook the sauce for 1 minute stirring all the time.
5. Add the chicken and cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
6. Add the remaining mayonnaise.
7. Cook 5 to 7 minutes or until the chicken is cooked and the sauce is thickened, stirring frequently to scrape up browned bits from the bottom of the pan.
8. Add the vegetables.
9. Add some sesame oil and stir through.
10. Add the peanuts. These may be stirred through or left on top.
11. Serve over rice.
Have not quite got the hang of formatting this at this stage.