Golden Goodness Biscuits
(Makes about 100)
4 cups plain flour
2 cups oats
2 teaspoons bicarbonate of soda
2 teaspoons ginger or other favourite spices
1½ cups oil
2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1½ cups mashed pumpkin
- Combine flour, bicarbonate of soda, oats and spices.
- Beat together oil, sugar, mashed pumpkin, egg and vanilla. Beat well for 2 minutes. Do not skimp on this length of time. The longer these ingredients are beaten together the better the finished product will be. As this is only a small quantity beating by hand will do.
- Combine all ingredients. Easy.
- Roll into balls and flatten onto lined baking trays. How big should the balls be? Walnut size, but not as big as ping pong balls.
The biscuits will spread a little during cooking. You will fill four trays.
- Bake at 170 - 180 degrees Celsius for 20 minutes.
6 6. These biscuits are quite sweet and delicious with tea or coffee.
7. Store in an airtight container in the fridge. These biscuits will freeze.