Mirror, mirror on the wall, I became my mother after all.
Those habits I hated have definitely found a new home here. Luckily I can occasionally observe myself being my father, a more optimistic person.
Do you agree wit these Never statements?
Some I used to agree with entirely, but now a few are no longer appealing.
- Never dull your shine for someone else.
- Never allow yourself self-pity because it is the most destructive of emotions.
- Never depend on immersion in another person for your personal growth.
- Never go on long trips with someone you do not love.
- Never rise to speak until you have something to say, and when you have said it, cease.
- Never lose the chance of saying a kind word.
- Never continue in a job you do not enjoy.
- Never ascribe to your opponent motives that are meaner than your own.
- Never confuse movement with action.
- Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.
- Never let the odds keep you from pursuing what you know in your heart you were meant to do.
- Never dare to judge until you have heard the other side.
- Never lose sight of the fact that old age needs so little but needs that little so much.
An assorted bunch of statements. I have no idea of the origins of this list and hope that this does not impinge on any copyright.