Friday, 9 March 2012

A little bit of sewing

I am bursting with pride at the moment.
I was in Sydney recently and noticed the ladies wearing big colourful blouses with either tights or slacks. After I came home I drew a pattern and made a top similar to those I had seen.

The colours are quite bright and gaudy in good light.
Luckily I had a gorgeous piece of hand woven silk fabric just hanging about waiting for a project.
Everything seems to worked out reasonably well. It looks rather like a short muu-muu, but that is just what I saw on the streets of the big city.
Hopefully I will be wearing this top with some black tights at the yarn bombing event tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome. Every comment on every blog contributes to linking people from many different countries and cultures. Eventually we create a more peaceful and understanding world.