Saturday, 26 May 2012

Beautiful Brisbane

Although this is a tragic time for our family I spent several hours today enjoying the delights of Brisbane. It is a lovely place. Hills, river, tall buildings, crowds, sunshine, parks, history, and bustling crowds. The day has been fresh - that is Aussie for a bit cool, dry and breezy. I saw some ladies in wool overcoats but I made do with a t-shirt covered by a long-sleeved shirt. This is not good weather for shorts.

This rainforest area is right in the middle of South Bank.

I strolled over to South Bank this morning. This is a parkland area and provides a green space for city dwellers and workers. There were market stalls doing a steady trade.

Oddly enough I saw no ibises today although on my previous visits there were hundreds.

Market stalls.
Rugged up locals.
You can actually swim here and a lifesaver is always on duty.




                                         









This Tibetan temple is intricately carved and was a gift to the city
about 20 years ago when a big trade show was held here.
Expo 88 I think.
































Later I walked down to Fortitude Valley to see the shops there. And I found a wonderful enclave of fashionable cooking, furniture, and clothing stores. 
I had never seen white asparagus before.

Purple carrots and look how cheap they are.
Beautiful quality.


Wonderful. My wallet flew open. 









I saw some interesting fresh vegetables that I had only ever seen before in magasines. Food is quite cheap here and the quality is terrific.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome. Every comment on every blog contributes to linking people from many different countries and cultures. Eventually we create a more peaceful and understanding world.