Thursday, 17 May 2012

A little holiday and some sewing

Yesterday I decided to give myself a short holiday from the everyday tasks. And I mean really really short. A sewing holiday.

Last year I went to Dili with my choir. It was marvellous. One morning I was wandering through a town and I stopped at a fabulous fabric shop. The storekeeper and his son had excellent English and I was able to purchase some fabric. (My Tetum is very weak and I do not speak Portuguese either.) I bought something that looks like a genuine batik but is actually a print on synthetic. Wash and wear. Wonderful design.

Yesterday I finally used this fabric to sew a cover up for when I go swimming. Just right. Even slightly fashionable at the moment.

Fold and cut.
Stitch the shoulders in a line.
Curve the bottom corners.
Hem all the way around.
Fold and cut a hole for the head to pass through. Hem that.
Lay flat and locate a line for side seams.
Stitch.
Try on.
Abracadabra. It fits fat or thin, short or tall, wet or dry.



Yes, I know it looks like a fat lady's kaftan, but that is what is being worn right now!!!
This is perfect for wearing after swimming and riding up and down in the lift.


Eat your heart out Hollywood and Bollywood.

As Mum would say, "Don't break your arm patting yourself on the back." But I might.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome. Every comment on every blog contributes to linking people from many different countries and cultures. Eventually we create a more peaceful and understanding world.