Sunday, 6 May 2012

Love and Devotion

My son sent me a box of the most wonderful notecards.



They come from the Love and Devotion exhibition at the State Library of Victoria. There are beautiful artworks from Persia and surrounding countries, some very old and some more recent. It is too far for me to go at this stage although this exhibition will continue for several more months. Although I know little of the stories that inspired these paintings I appreciate their detail, composition, and spirit.

I had thought it was forbidden for people from this region to paint people and animals but I am wrong again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome. Every comment on every blog contributes to linking people from many different countries and cultures. Eventually we create a more peaceful and understanding world.