This was really tasty.
Cheese and Leek Quiche
500g leek, washed and sliced
425ml whipping cream
200g crumbly cheese (Cheshire) grated
- Grease quiche dish. Line with pastry. Prick base. Cover base with baking paper. Cover with weights such as beans. Bake at 200o Celsius for 15 minutes.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and cook the sliced leek. Cool slightly.
- In a separate bowl beat the eggs slightly and add the cream. Beat.
- Add the grated cheese to the cream mixture. Combine well.
- Add the leeks to the cheese mixture. Combine well.
- Tip the filling into the prepared pastry case. Ensure the cheese and leeks are distributed evenly.
- Bake at 200o Celsius for 30 minutes. Turn off the oven and allow the quiche to sit in the warm oven for a further 10 minutes.
Tasty cheese is a good substitute for Cheshire cheese in this quiche.
Instead of cream, powdered milk made at triple strength can be used.
This is excellent with a crunchy salad.
|Delicious. Freezes well. Great with salad.|