Monday, 26 November 2012

Let's do the Motivation

Do you remember a song called, "Let's Do The Locomotion"? It has been revived several times by various artists and is quite catchy and danceable. So ... Change that to Motivation please.

I found some positive motivation on this site. http://farnuminkstudio.blogspot.com.au/


Keep your thoughts positive because your thoughts become your words.
Keep your words positive because your words become your behaviours.
Keep your behaviours positive because your behaviours become your habits.
Keep your habits positive because your habits become your values.


I am extremely lucky. 
  • I am healthy, although there are some minor concerns there is nothing horridly important. Opportunities to manage my health are available to me.
  • I have friends, acquaintances, and neighbours to provide me with links to all human foibles. I can laugh with these people.
  • I live in a wonderful place where the weather is mild, never extremely hot or cold. 
  • I have enough money and the ability to change my needs and wants to suit my finances.
  • I work with very nice people and the tasks are not difficult at all. I do not need that job to survive financially, but I need it emotionally so I am lucky I won that. 
  • I have a devoted husband and two terrific children who have grown to be contributing members of society.
  • I am able to learn and the opportunity to do so is within my reach.
I think my next phase of life should be to build something positive for my future. Like many wives and mothers my age in this country I have given chunks of myself to others. That is not expressed very well, but it means that I put myself last and others ahead. This is the way we Baby Boomers were taught to live.Those times have passed and I must make some changes to myself to go along new paths.

I am determined to stay motivated for more than just a few weeks, as seems to have happened in the past. I will post my little sign where I can see it, and the little piece of philosophical advice as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome. Every comment on every blog contributes to linking people from many different countries and cultures. Eventually we create a more peaceful and understanding world.