Tuesday, 29 January 2013

Honey cake for my Honey

Life is much brighter today. Filled with shiny enthusiasm I made a cake. This cake is really quick to make and while it was in the oven I managed to get a lot of little jobs finished.
I know my husband will enjoy a slice of this cake with his morning tea each day while I am at work. It keeps very well, so I will also enjoy a slice on Friday when I have the entire day at home. If I had a handsome toyboy he could have a piece as well. Wish! Honey for the honey.


Honey Cake

Ingredients
       3 cups self raising flour
            3 Tabs honey
            1 cup milk
            1 cup sugar
            1 teas mixed spice
            1 egg

Method
1.     Mix all ingredients together in any order. No electric mixer required.
2.     Pour into a well-lined cake tin.
3.     Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees Celsius for 45 minutes.

This is one of the easiest, cheapest and quickest cakes ever invented. You can substitute something else for some of the honey, but the honey acts as a natural preservative so do not leave it out completely. Use your favourite spices. You could add extra ingredients but then it would not be quite so super-quick. 

Really uber housewives (Masterchefs in the making) would probably not have a crack in the top and would probably dust the top with icing sugar and use a stencil of a cute shape. I will just boast that it is low fat!!! 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Louise, Your honey cake looks so yummy. It would go with a cup of hot coffee or chocolate. I enjoyed your previous post, but I am not that organized. Have a wonderful day. Your Missouri Friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will have to try this! it sounds delish and I love me some HONEY!! cause I love the BEES!
    ~Dawn

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome. Every comment on every blog contributes to linking people from many different countries and cultures. Eventually we create a more peaceful and understanding world.