Monday, 11 February 2013

Sweet Pouch Swap

There are few things more exciting than getting a parcel in the mail.
Lucky lucky me. I got a parcel. And it was a sort of surprise. Well, I hoped for a parcel. I wanted a parcel. I expected a parcel. The sender had kept it a secret. I did not know who or when, although I almost knew what.

I participated in the Sweet Pouch Swap run by Ros from the blog Sew Delicious. The idea was that each person sewed a pouch. Then it was to be filled with chocolates and posted to another participant. There were no equal swaps with partners. Every person paid it forward by sending to someone that they did not know. Round and round we went. All around the world. This was a little bit scary. What if ... How ... Can I ...

Look at this! My pouch came to me from Amy who lives in Melbourne, Victoria. It is gorgeous. Amy added a bow to one side, making it more feminine. It is fully lined and she rounded the corners to add a bit of panache too. Pretty fabric. How big? If I stretch my hand out it is from thumb tip to the end of my little finger. Big enough for my computer charger and portable hard drive.
But, ridiculous as it sounds, it smelled like warm new cotton fabric. A smell from my past. Smells do not last here in the hot air. Smells are not as intense as in a cooler place. Aaaah.

A modern card with owls contained a message.
And chocolates. I rarely buy choccies. These are marvellous and I will ration them so they last a long time.
Lucky lucky me. Thank you, Amy. Your sewing is terrific. Your taste in chocolate is just right.

What happened to the pouch I made? Do you mean the first, second, third, or fourth attempt? Yes, I had a little trouble. Only a small amount of course. I tried to be a bit fancy and failed. I tried to be a bit clever and failed. Eventually I assembled something suitable for a stranger in another country. It flew away to Toni in the USA. She will not have it yet. Soon.

1 comment:

  1. Hello, my Dear! I've come to you from The "Grow Your Blog" party...it was over before I knew about it, but it was so nice of Vicki to leave the list up! Anyway, I always welcome new blogs to enjoy, and yours is delightful! I am now following you ~ please come and visit me if you get a chance!
    So nice to "meet" you!
    Hugs,
    Anne

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome. Every comment on every blog contributes to linking people from many different countries and cultures. Eventually we create a more peaceful and understanding world.