Friday, 15 February 2013

Valentine's day happiness

Each year my sweet, caring husband takes an active role in making sure we celebrate Valentine's Day.
My hand stitched card and the miniquilt that I made a previous year.
On our very first Valentine's Day he hired a car, presented me with a saucepan and took me to a place that he hoped would become our home. We had met just two weeks earlier. It is a strong, lasting relationship.

This year we gave each other gifts at breakfast time.

And for dinner at night we had veal croquettes and champagne style wine from Chile. My hero constructed a lovely dessert with ice-cream, pink meringues, and raspberries. Schubert played in the background. Relaxing, romantic and indulgent.

I am into the orange fashionable accessories thing at the moment. So this long orange necklace was just right. It coordinates well with the orange handbag and shoes I already own. If I am not careful I just might start behaving like a fashionista!!!

I gave him an antique box from Burma. It is papier mache over glass and is intricately made. There is an interior removable dish, making two compartments. It was described as a trinket box, but I suspect that actually it may have something to do with betel nut. The outer cover is about 8cm in diameter.

The box has tiny glass tiles in the elaborate design.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome. Every comment on every blog contributes to linking people from many different countries and cultures. Eventually we create a more peaceful and understanding world.