Thursday, 21 February 2013

Yes dear. Of course dear.

Australian humour is complicated. We laugh at ourselves quietly. Here is a joke about Australian husbands and wives. This joke does not declare that domestic violence is acceptable. It reminds us that wives may or may not behave in a predictable manner.

Three blokes were sitting at a bar one night, boasting about their wives. 

The first man says:
'Well, I told my Indonesian wife to clean the house every day. The first day I didn't see much improvement, not much on the second day either, but by the third day, I came home to a clean house.'

The second guy says:
'Thats nothing. I told my Korean wife to cook my meals and keep the house clean. The first day I didn't see any improvement, not much on the second day either, but by the third day, I had a full stomach and my house was clean as anything.'

But the third man said:
'Well, I told my Australian wife to wash the dishes and clothes, cook my meals and keep the house clean. On the first day I couldn't see anything. and nothing on the second day, but by the third day, I could see a little out of my left eye.'

3 comments:

  1. Thank you Louise for my morning chuckle while I have my coffee and catch up with friends. We have a blizzard in our state today. The snow is definitely coming down. Your Missouri Friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was quite worried that this joke might offend people. Personally I found it hilarious. The bossy bloke becomes the victim!
      Here today it is overcast and cool. The maximum is not expected to be more than 30 degrees C!! Too cold to go for a swim.

      Delete
  2. Oh gosh that is a very Australian joke. I can see the subtleties in it.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome. Every comment on every blog contributes to linking people from many different countries and cultures. Eventually we create a more peaceful and understanding world.