Sunday, 3 March 2013

Water usage

It is wonderful to have water coming from a tap inside the house. I think of this when I see film of third world countries. I think of it when boat people are in the news. I think of it when people say they want to live off the land.

Water is free but getting it to the consumer is not. I pay the costs for the water I use and the bill comes every three months.

Water is used in the processing or manufacture of many things I use daily. Gold mines use enormous amounts of water and that water remains contaminated for a very long time. Water is used in preparing meals and cleaning afterwards. Water is an invisible presence in our modern Western lives.

Go to this British website for a terrific presentation about water usage. I am very impressed by it.
http://everylastdrop.co.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome. Every comment on every blog contributes to linking people from many different countries and cultures. Eventually we create a more peaceful and understanding world.