Sunday, 12 May 2013

Mothers' Day 2013

Enjoy Mothers' Day.

When I was a child my mother insisted that we  gave cards and gifts to people who acted towards us in a motherly way. Aunts, neighbours, friends, people who worked alongside us. Get the idea? The emphasis was not on being a biological mother but on the actions. After all, some mothers do not fill the mothering role as well as other women who are not mothers.
My mother never asked for a Mothers' Day gift and sadly we rarely gave her anything or celebrated the day at all with her. She was a very humble person who reached out to others, not thinking of herself.

Here are some pictures I found that are about Mothers' Day. Share them; others have shared them with me.


Not everyone has a mother, so value yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome. Every comment on every blog contributes to linking people from many different countries and cultures. Eventually we create a more peaceful and understanding world.