Wednesday, 17 July 2013

Taxing time

Today I visited our accountant and had my Income Tax return prepared. Big sigh of relief.

This year I should get something back. Should. Hope.

What is in it for me? Does my tax money really make this country better for my family? Yes, road, rail and other services are paid from government revenue. Yes, somebody must pay for the Defence Force. Yes, Centrelink benefits for the needy must come from somewhere. Yes, hospitals and medical services are provided by the government, although not quite enough. The list goes on.

Why does it all seem so scary?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome. Every comment on every blog contributes to linking people from many different countries and cultures. Eventually we create a more peaceful and understanding world.