Monday, 1 July 2013

Territory Day Fireworks

Today is Territory Day.

We are the only state or territory in Australia that allows private citizens to purchase and let off fireworks. Today is the big day, from 6pm until 11pm officially. Adults must produce proof of age in order to make the purchases. The fireworks are for sale for one day only.

Right now it is night time, a very dark night. There are fireworks lighting up the sky everywhere I look. It is fabulous. There are extremely noisy bangs as the sounds echo off the concrete buildings. I am loving every minute, but my cat is hiding safely.

Yes, there are big free public displays as well. I have spent a fortune over the years on fireworks. But no longer. I watch and keep my wallet closed. Most families who buy their own fireworks for tonight would spend well over $100, possibly even over $200.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome. Every comment on every blog contributes to linking people from many different countries and cultures. Eventually we create a more peaceful and understanding world.