Wednesday, 25 September 2013

A quiz from the past

When I was a teenager some girls were described as "bad girls". They were not bad by today's standards in Australian society; actually they were probably more morally upright than many girls today. Miley Syrus could learn a lot from them!!

Who or what was a bad girl? A bad girl made other people feel jealous of her thirst for life.

  1. A bad girl wore really high heels when she was still too young. (She was probably more physically suited to this than the older women with bunions and varicose veins.)
  2. A bad girl kissed boys. She might even kiss and tell. And now we had magazines full of this!
  3. A bad girl wore tight clothes that showed her figure. Cue: final scene in Grease.
  4. A bad girl spoke loudly.
  5. A bad girl stayed out late at night.

Here is a quiz so you can check if you are still a bad girl. At least you might be bad now if you did not have the chance in the past.

I did this quiz. Oh, how I wasted those opportunities! But wait, I am not dead yet. Must try harder.
A quiz, taken from a Pageant Magazine, from 1948:

Here are eight questions and statements.  Under each one, simply put a check mark by the answer that tells the truth about yourself.

(a) I think kissing is all right.
       1.  After the first evening with a date.
       2.  When I am sure that he is a regular fellow.
       3.  When I really love him.
       4.  When he is engaged to me.

(b) It is all right to go on an overnight trip with a boy:
       1.  Sure, why not?
       2.  If we trust each other.
       3.  If others are along.
       4.  Never.

(c)  It is all right to date other boys even if I am engaged
       1.  Why shouldn't I?
       2.  I ought to keep meeting other boys.
       3.  Only if I'm not sure of my fiancé.
       4.  Never.

(d)  A married woman should not be forgiven if she is unfaithful:
      1.  That's old-fashioned; she has as much right as a man.
      2.  Sometimes she can't help it.
      3.  It is a serious offence.
      4.  She simply shouldn't be unfaithful.

(e)  Would you permit yourself to be picked up?
      1.  Naturally.
      2.  If I felt like it, yes.
      3.  Only if the man is not alone.
      4.  Not at all.

(f)  Would you go to a man's apartment?
      1.  Why not?
      2.  If I felt like it.
      3.  Only if I knew him very well.
      4.  Never.

(g)  Would you go out with a married man?
      1.  I don't see why not.
      2.  If he particularly appealed to me.
      3.  Only under special circumstances.
      4.  Never.

(h)  Would you accept a gift of money from a man?
      1.  Yes, if he can afford it.
      2.  If he really wants to help out.
      3.  Only if I need it desperately.
      4.  Never.

The scores on each point run from 1 to 4.  Since there are eight questions, the highest score you can get is 32, the lowest 8.

The best score therefore would really be from 23 to 25, showing just enough restraint mixed with courageous feelings about moral questions.

If your score is from 26 to 32, you may consider yourself extremely moral -- or else over-inhibited.

A score from 14 to 21 will reflect a girl liberal in views, but not necessarily bad.


A score from 8 to 13 reflects a girl who needs stricter moral codes.

1 comment:

  1. Very fun quiz. Times are a bit different these days. Thanks so much for you tips on quilting. it will help me make some decisions. i really appreciate it. Hope you are doing good :)
    Blessings,
    Susie

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome. Every comment on every blog contributes to linking people from many different countries and cultures. Eventually we create a more peaceful and understanding world.