Wednesday, 27 November 2013

Advice from Dolly

It is a fabulous day today. Tropical, sunny, hot, breezy. My home has returned to normal, close enough. The harbour is busy. The sea is sparkling. All is right in my world.

I saw this interesting advice from Dolly Parton and think it is worth sharing. Dolly is such a hard worker with an eye for making the best of things. I admire her. Gotta love those wigs and the costuming. (Rule number 8 is a stunner.) I think Rule number 9 was written with me in mind. Now if only I could achieve that tiny waistline; more effort required on my part.

1. If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain!
2. Find out who you are and do it on purpose.
3. If you don’t like the road you’re walking on, start paving another one.
4. Don’t be so busy making a living that you forget to make a life.
5. Smile, it increases your face value.
6. We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails.
7. You’ll never do a whole lot unless you’re brave enough to try.
8. There’s no such thing as natural beauty.
9. I’m not happy all the time and I wouldn’t want to be because that would make me a shallow person.
10. Some of my dreams are so BIG, they’d scare you.

11. I’ll never harden my heart, but I’ve toughened the muscles around it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome. Every comment on every blog contributes to linking people from many different countries and cultures. Eventually we create a more peaceful and understanding world.