I made these savoury pancakes this time, and froze the extras for another fine morning. Eggs and vegetables and no sugar - that's healthy. I know that in Japan they eat savoury pancakes with meat in them as well, but probably not for breakfast.
Yes, I made some small ones, about pikelet size, but we gobbled them as fast as they were made. I hope you like them as much as we do.
Potato Flakes Pancakes
Makes about 7 good pancakes.
One pancake with sweet chilli sauce makes a breakfast
· 1 cup plain flour
· 1 1/4 cups potato flakes
· 2 teaspoons baking powder
· 1 teaspoon salt
· 2 1/2 cups milk
· 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
· 2 large eggs
· 1/4 cup shredded carrot (optional)
|I made these pancakes quite thick.|
· 1 onion, finely chopped
· 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Microwave the onion, garlic and carrot.
- Heat a griddle to medium-high heat.
- Combine the flour and the vegetables in a bowl.
- Add potato flakes, baking powder and salt to the vegetables. Mix well.
- In medium bowl, combine milk, oil and eggs. Beat well. Pour into the dry ingredients.
- Combine well.
- Melt butter in the pan ready for cooking.
- For each pancake, ladle 1/2 cup batter onto a hot griddle. Cook thoroughly because they are thick.