Saturday, 15 March 2014

Rick rack flowers

I have stolen this photo from the Gumbo Lily blog site.
The instructions look pretty clear to me and the photos are just the way I like them.
When I was a child my mother made clothes for us with a trim of rick rack braid. The darn stuff seemed to be hard to iron neatly. Occasionally now I see interesting ways of using rick rack where the ironing is not a nightmare. Has to be better.

I was directed to this sewing blog by a facebook friend and really like what I found.

This particular post is not the latest. The blogger (Lily?) has interesting sewing ideas which are sometimes presented as tutorials.

This lesson is for making something pretty with rick rack braid. Little flowers with beads. Definitely worth a try. Could start small with a library bag. You do not need anything fancy. Can you see this process as Easter eggs? Or trees? Or waves in a beach scene? Part of a crazy patch block?

http://gumbo-lily.blogspot.com.au/2009/10/ric-rac-flowers-embroidery-tutorial.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome. Every comment on every blog contributes to linking people from many different countries and cultures. Eventually we create a more peaceful and understanding world.