Tuesday, 4 November 2014

Melbourne Cup Day

The carved horse is crocodile wood.
We thoroughly celebrated the Melbourne Cup here today at our place.

For breakfast I had made some really delicious muffins - high protein with added chili.

I made a special effort for lunch setting the table with my horses topper. Tasty little pizzas.

And for dinner we had wild boar meat. Very interesting. I would never go out in the bush and shoot a feral pig myself so I appreciated that it was lean and organic. The champagne was excellent too.

The race itself was a mixture of incredible excitement and huge sadness. Two horses lost their lives.

Around town there were many parties at lunch time and I even saw several men in dark suits.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome. Every comment on every blog contributes to linking people from many different countries and cultures. Eventually we create a more peaceful and understanding world.