Monday, 29 June 2015

Phil's Apple and Prune Jam

Today I made a batch of Phil's apple and prune jam. I hope I did it correctly because it was awfully easy.

Who is Phil? Phil Pogson writes a blog called House of Simple over at http://house-of-simple.blogspot.com.au/ Recently he recounted making this jam. Very few ingredients. Just my style. Thank goodness for the internet and generous bloggers.

Where is the recipe? http://house-of-simple.blogspot.com.au/2015/06/simple-prune-and-apple-jam.html

Have I made jam before? Actually I have made rosella jam twice, only one of those attempts being a success. The first time I used too much sugar and cooked it too long. Toffee in a jar. Bah! And I had hiked through the bush to collect those rosellas. So, I have learned to actually follow the recipe and not to be too creative.

I ended up with four and a half small jars of apple and prune jam. The red lid at the back is hiding the half-full jar.

I made the labels to fit clear adhesive packing tape. I try to label my homemade chutneys with the date and the ingredients, just in case something happens. Followed the plan. I do not remember where I got my label template but you can find some at this link. http://www.simplyfrugal.ca/a-round-up-of-free-printable-canning-labels/ Use labels in Word so you can type it once and just print.

Next week I have someone coming to stay so I need to look like the uber-housewife again. This should help. Thanks Phil.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome. Every comment on every blog contributes to linking people from many different countries and cultures. Eventually we create a more peaceful and understanding world.