Tuesday, 17 May 2016

Kindness challenge

I am a rather cynical and bitter sort of person these days. Life can do that to you. But today I heard about a kindness challenge being run by Niki over at The Richness of a Simple Life. Good idea. I looked about and kindness challenges seem pretty popular. Well, it also appeals to me and I am hopeful I can become a better person by taking part. Kindness is surely the opposite of bullying. Kindness hurts no-one.

If you are interested here is a link.
https://therichnessofasimplelife.wordpress.com/2016/05/09/kindness-challenge-week-1-focus-self-kindness/#more-7640

Here is a little badge to show involvement. I would post it in the proper place at the side, but at the moment that seems a bit tricky for me.

Niki's challenge has already been under way for a while, but that does not mean I can not benefit from it.

She has some lovely photos which gave me a necessary jolt. Thank you, Niki, for the picture and for the thought. Compassion for ourselves is a bit scarce. I guess other people my age were also taught to put themselves last, give the good things to others and never be greedy. Compassion for others. Now I can try a little of that for myself - and you should too.
If you copy this, like I did, remember to give Niki credit. Intellectual property is still property.

3 comments:

  1. thats nice. I have often been drawn to doing a simple acts of kindness. It makes you feel sooo good. It is very true that I was also brought up to give the best to others, and keep myself to last. I love the words on that quote.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy to hear that you're participating Louise! I didn't get a notification of this pingback (maybe because we are on different blogging platforms?). I just came to your blog after reading the comment you recently left and saw this was the most recent post. I can't wait to read your week 1 reflection. Be sure to leave a link in the comments of the challenge week so I can find my way back when it's up! Be sure to be extra gentle with your thoughts in week 1 and going forward <3

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome. Every comment on every blog contributes to linking people from many different countries and cultures. Eventually we create a more peaceful and understanding world.