Wednesday, 25 May 2016

Participating in the Kindness Challenge

Part of Litchfield National Park.
This lovely path was a project
to teach new skills
to a group of unemployed people.
Kindness in the community.
So I have been trying to think kind thoughts while I am involved in the kindness challenge. Successful? A bit.

I was kind to my husband. He had a bad cold and took some tablets for that. Hmm. The result was violent dreaming, jumping around in his sleep, yelling, and so forth. It takes more than that to scare me, or actually even to worry me. But I did not poke him in the arm and tell him to roll over - that is my usual strategy for nightmares. Kindness. I did not blame him the next morning for an interrupted night. I was kind and just asked if he recalled his dreams. Yes, he did. No, they were not particularly nice. This happened only a few nights until we worked out that the tablets were the cause. The kind approach certainly helped us both.

I have remembered that advice about being compassionate to myself as well as to others. It's working too. I think I am a little more positive in general.

I had a meeting at my university about getting credit for some previous study. Yes, I remained almost calm. Well, if not calm at least polite. One of the people at the meeting seems to take pleasure in being a bully. Well, it failed this time. So she can just take her attitude and change it. The outcome for me was positive. I am now exempted from two units of study thanks to some other studies I did a while ago. Can you hear me cheering? I am overflowing with kind thoughts of the lecturers who guided me through that course a few years back. Thank you, especially Eva. And thank you, Nici. Anticipating this meeting was very confronting. I should have applied for the credits two years ago, but the bully won back then. This time I was able to plan carefully, gather some help, and then proceed. A huge project for me; an excellent outcome though.

I have not yet mastered the bit about getting back to the special Kindness Challenge website and leaving comments.
A native ginger that grows near here.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are making excellent strides towards being more kind both to yourself and others. I love how focusing on kindness naturally spills over towards applying it to others. Be sure to remain as gentle in thoughts and actions towards yourself as possible. A little self-kindness goes a long way. Thank you so much for participating Louise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post on Kindness. I love your photos as well. Sounds like you are moving forward in many ways. Kudos to you.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome. Every comment on every blog contributes to linking people from many different countries and cultures. Eventually we create a more peaceful and understanding world.