Sunday, 3 July 2016

Visiting Canberra

We are in Canberra for about ten days. It is cold. Most mornings are about -5C. The days are pleasant if there is no wind. So far there has been only one wet morning. No snow, but frost.

Last night we went to a concert. The Canberra Symphony Orchestra played. Rather magnificently actually. Three singers from the Australian Opera sang. Yes, it was fabulous. And it was really good sitting in the second front row. I felt they were singing and playing just for me alone.

One lovely aspect was that before the show started people could have their photo taken playing the timpani. This was a first for both me and my husband. I thought the idea would make a great fundraiser back home - gold coin donation and so forth.

2 comments:

  1. It's a chilly time of year to be in Canberra!

    Spending the evening at a lovely concert was probably far preferable to my evening watching election coverage.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome. Every comment on every blog contributes to linking people from many different countries and cultures. Eventually we create a more peaceful and understanding world.