Monday, 28 November 2016

Upson Downs

I have definitely been living at Upson Downs for the past few months.
Doctors, hospitals, business changes, and more - you name it, we did it. So many highs and lows.

My husband had some sun cancers removed. One on his forehead turned out to be a nodular basal cell carcinoma. Nobody dies from these but they continue to grow bigger, deeper, wider and are extremely difficult to cut out. Other methods do not work - I know from personal experience. Things are tricky on the forehead, so the surgeon had three attempts. Good surgeon. Good pathologist.
You know the drill. Doctor phones. Visit. "Good morning. I did not get it all; so here is the time for the next attempt. Any questions?" Continue until the conversation changes. Hoping the next pathology report will be excellent.

I thought you might find this photo as amusing as we did. This is not a beanie, it's a bandage. After each surgery, the bandage was bigger. My younger sister suggested a red cap might be the finishing touch. Ha!

Two days later My Hero flew to Melbourne to attend a conference about his favourite topic and also have a holiday with our son Rhys. A well-earned break for everyone. Art galleries. Museums. Bookshops. Restaurants. Markets. Talking, talking, talking.

Must go to the airport to collect my hero. Might make a special dinner too. The sky might be cloudy but the sun is shining in my heart today.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear that things are on the up side now! Here's hoping next year you can skip the downs.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome. Every comment on every blog contributes to linking people from many different countries and cultures. Eventually we create a more peaceful and understanding world.